As a new or even seasoned entrepreneur it’s vital to have a solid set of tools in your arsenal to assist you in your journey. Tools help entrepreneurs automate, track, analyze, execute, structure, market, and succeed in their various business ventures.
Whether you are in a sticks and bricks or traveling full-time as an entrepreneur, free entrepreneur tools like these are essential to your day to day operations.
Table of contents
Click a resource link below to learn more.
Free Entrepreneur Legal Tools
1. Entrepreneur – This resource was compiled by our good friends at Entrepreneur Magazine. You can access hundreds of business forms, contracts and templates there.
2. Docracy – These guys have legal documents in various categories and industries..
3. Shake – This is an App. You can create, sign and send legal agreements using this service.
4. WebsitePolicies – If your new website is for personal or non-commercial use, these guys have free policy templates you can use and then modify to work better for your needs.
Free Entrepreneur Design Software
1. InkScape – Free opensource vector based design software.
2. Gimp – Free opensource raster based design software.
Free Entrepreneur Video/Production Tools
1. OpenShot– This free video editing software is basic, but packs a punch and will do what the average videographer needs.
2. Blender – This is a very complex and robust software. Don’t let it being free fool you. It’s packed with advanced features for experts in the fields of film, video, animation and more.
Free Entrepreneur Live Chat
1. OpenKM – This free knowledge base app which will help your customers by providing self-help options and solutions to their everyday problems.
2. Zendesk Guide – You can personalize this tool and set up SMTP for all your email campaigns.
Free Entrepreneur eCommerce Solutions
1. Square – A free online store software to sell your products.
2. WooCommerce – This is a popular entrepreneur eCommerce platform.
3. Magento – Another popular cloud based eCommerce platform.
4. X-Cart – With this one, you can make a mobile friendly online store in minutes with an easy drag and drop online store builder.
5. OpenCart – This is a free open-source eCommerce platform.
6. SalesCart – This is a stand-alone shopping cart that allows for up to 10 items.
7.Shopify Ecommerce Report – You can get get a free eCommerce report with this service.
Free Entrepreneur Conversion Rate Optimization Tools
1. Hotjar – Free heat-maps to see how visitors are using your website.
2. Google Analytics Content Experiment – Use Google’s own A/B testing tool to identify your best converting pages.
3. Five second tests – You can see what people are downloading, saving, and retaining with this tool.
4. SurveyMonkey – This is a great survey tool for entrepreneurs, Collect responses fast.
Free Online Entrepreneur Security Tools
2. Wordfence – Protect your WordPress site from threats with the a firewall and malware scanner.
3. Sucuri Security – Security activity auditing, blacklist monitoring, remote malware scanning and effective security hardening.
4. SSL For Free – Get a free SSL certificate with this tool and make your site more trustworthy.
5. Google Authenticator– Two-factor authentication for WordPress login to keep your site secure from hacking attempts.
Free Entrepreneur SEO Tools
1. Yoast – You can optimize your website for SEO, correct search optimization issues and get tips on better SEO practices.
2. Smush – Improve your website speed by optimizing your site images with this free tool.
3. SEMrush – Use SEMrush to discover organic and paid keywords, do backlink analysis, and more.
4.Google Analytics– Google analytics provides you details about who are the visitors of your site and how your users are behaving on your site. Know their demography, their country, the device they are visiting from, their visiting time and the articles that are getting the most hits. Use this data to create better search engine optimized content.
5. Google Search Console – Understand how Google sees your site and get email alerts to fix issues.
Free Entrepreneur Competitor Analyzing Tools
1. Google Trends – Find when and where your competitor is being mentioned on the web in real time using Google Trends.
2. Social Mention – Enter your competitors on Social Mention and get detailed analytics like mentioning frequency, sentiment, reach, etc., collected from across the web.
3. SimilarWeb – See where your competitor is getting its traffic from, the sources of the traffic and the demography of its audience.
4. SpyFu – Learn your competitor’s PPC keywords and SEO strategies, search and download their keywords. An awesome PPC research tool.
5. Crayon – Track the changes of your competitor’s digital footprint and get email notifications of it.
6. Ubersuggest – A giant SEO tool that is completely free. Quickly check relevant keywords based on your niche, get SEO based tips and score your site for optimization.
7. SEMrush – Analyze your competitor’s top organic and paid keywords, backlinks and more with SEMrush.
8. Alexa – Get detailed web traffic statistics and analytics using Alexa.
9. Moz – Backlinks are critical for SEO. Get detailed back analysis of any of your competitors with this free tool.
10. Siteliner – Use Siteliner to check for broken links of any site, and then help the site fix it by pitching your link as a replacement for it.
Free Entrepreneur Copy/Writing Perfection Tools
1. Swipefile – A marketer needs swipe files for writing winning content. This site gives you plenty of winning examples of content in every category. Be it explainer videos, direct mails, sales pages, About pages or even billboards, swipefile.com has great examples to get inspiration for your next marketing content assignment.
2. Swipe-Worthy – Get detailed dissection of some of the most iconic copywriting examples from history. A must have tool for every copywriter and marketer.
3. Grammarly – A free grammar correction tool, which checks your spellings and grammatical mistakes in real time. Integrates with Google Docs and Gmail. This is God send!
4. HubSpot – Just enter 5 nouns and generate multiple blog topics from it.
3. ZenPen – A simple writing tool which is aimed at removing all distractions and simply start the process of content creation.
5. Portent – Just enter a subject and this classic tool will give you blog title ideas.
6. Title Generator – A tool similar to Portent.
7. Google Docs – The almighty Google Docs on which I am writing this document and my partner Weronika is adding links in real time. Also integrates with Grammarly to make it a classy tool.
8. Google Slides – Create awesome presentations with Google Slides.
9. Google Sheets – Create spreadsheets of data and crunch numbers with Google Sheets.
10. Auto Text Expander – Save yourself from typing extra keystrokes with this tool.
11. SlideShare – Create and store your slideshows on LinkedIn’s SlideShare.
12. Screencasify – Create video content which demonstrates processes using this free tool.
13. Lumen5 – Create full length video content with text, music and stock footage by just entering your blog URL.
14. BlankPage – A simple writing app.
15. Free Summarizer – A free tool to summarize and proofread your text.
16. Known – Use it to collaborate and create large community sites.
17. Wattpad – A large helpful community of writers and readers.
18. Small SEO Tools – A simple tool to check for plagiarism.
Free Entrepreneur Team Collaboration Tools
1. CloudApp – A screen capture and screen recording app which comes with annotation and comments feature. Perfect for remote team collaboration.
2. Trello – One of the biggest free project management tools. Manage everything from your life, travel plans to business/client related stuff by arranging them by different categories in Trello.
3. ClickUp – Drown out the info noise and focus on get things done for you and your team with ClickUp.
4. Wirke – Get a simple toned down tasks lists for your teams to view and take action on.
5. Slack – The godfather of team collaboration. Use Slack to communicate ideas in a unique chat room filled with your team members. A perfect tool for growing startups.
6. Flock – Arrange all your work and productivity tools in one place with Flock.
7. Zoom – Have free video conferences and share ideas face to face with Zoom.
8. Appear In – Create a special video chat room and share the link via email, slack or chat.
9. Hangouts – The original video communication tool. Use it for its simple and familiar interface.
10. Google Docs – Create content together with your team and never worry about losing data with the almighty Google Docs.
11. Duolingo – Learn new languages in a fun gamified form with Duolingo. Perfect for digital nomads traveling to different countries.
12. Awwapp – Express spur of the moment ideas, funnels, and business plans quickly by drawing it on this free whiteboard tool. Love this one.
13. Zapier – Seamlessly integrate different apps and make them work together to give you maximum output. Zapier is known for getting difficult things done smoothly.
14. Airtable – Airtable is the marriage between spreadsheets and database. Use the field of Airtable to attach important files, drop super long text notes, create checkboxes and more.
15. Spacetime – A work hour and time zone management tool for working with remote teams. Use it to know when will be the right time to reach a lead, or communicate tasks to your remote team. A very handy tool for digital nomads.
16. Loop – Arrange all your emails, messages and content at one place and make your emails more effective with a productivity-focused UX.
17. Typetalk – Use this instant messaging app to share and convey ideas with your remote team. Free for 10 users.
18. Realtime Board – Use this app to collect, collaborate, and visualize ideas with your remote team in real time. The app is fast, engaging and the next best thing to sitting in person.
19. FIO – Eliminate the nuisance of time zone difference by quickly having time zones laid out.
20. Every Time Zone – Another time zone management app.
21. Any.Do – Organize your tasks, lists and reminders in one simple app.
22. CA Flowdock – Collaborate and thread conversations using this free app.
23. Founded X Startup Stats – Discover the best country to build your startup in.
24. Teleport – Discover the next city to live and work from, based on quality of life, cost of living, salaries and more.
25. Workfrom – Discover great places to work nearby.
26. Dropbox – Share files and images safely and securely with a Dropbox link. Get 2 GB of free space to store your documents and images on the world’s no.1 cloud storage app.
27. pCloud – Go 5x better than Dropbox with 10 GB of free space with this leading cloud storage app. Just like Dropbox, generate custom data links for sharing with your team members.
Free Entrepreneur Lead Handling Tools
1. FindThatLead – Quickly find important emails of any company by just entering their domain name.
2. LinkedIn Sales Navigator – Use the free chrome extension version of LinkedIn Sales navigator to get insights on people you are communicating with on emails.
3. D7 Lead Finder – Find local leads in your area with this free tool.
4. Email Finder-GetProspect -Find up to 50 emails with their free forever plan.
5. Discoverly – See Facebook and work info of your leads on Gmail.
6. People Finder – Find details about anyone with a billion strong database of public records.
7. Sumo – Use this free lead capture software to convert your site visitors into leads for your business.
8. HubSpot – Capture leads and find out more about them with info about their job profiles, social media profiles and more. Track how they landed up to your site.
9. Flowlu – Another great free alternative to the above free tools.
10. Sendgrid – Send 100 emails a day forever with core marketing features.
11. Mailjet – Set up an SMTP server in minutes and achieve deep personalization with this tool.
12. Mailgun – Free SMTP server with 24/7 support and advanced features.
13. Mailchimp – Simple Email Marketing software to send newsletters to your subscribers.
14. HubSpot – Set up an SMTP server in minutes and achieve deep personalization with this tool.
15. Boomerang – Keep sending emails to your leads with automated reminders.
16. Mail Tester – Test if your email is spam worthy.
2. IsNotSpam – An alternative to the tool above.
Free Entrepreneur Web Development Platforms
1. WordPress – WordPress helps non-tech people create websites in less than 5 mins.
2. SquareSpace – An alternative to wordpress. Create stunning looking websites which look like they have been made by a high-end developer for free using this tool.
3. Wix – A lot of media influencers recommend this site for creating personal brand websites.